Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brown Bear Brown Bear

Brown Bear Brown Bear by Eric Carle is another one of my favorite stories for preschoolers. I usually include it in my Book theme as well as my Bear theme. It is easy to read and most of my children can read it by themselves. I love making felt pieces and activities to go with this story also. Here are some examples of fun activities to go with the story.

The website http://www.makinglearningfun.com is where i got some of the templates from.

Brown Bear I Spy for children to make themselves.
Instead of water bottles I used the baby food jars with small cut outs laminated of the Brown Bear characters and pasta noodles (rice works as well)

                                                                         Brown Bear felt board pieces. These i downloaded  years ago, i can't remember from where. I colored them laminated them and glued felt to the back. They held up really well (going on 6 years now)


Large version of Brown Bear I-Spy. Again I don't like using water bottles, because they easily break and lose
their shape. I used rice containers but any clear container will work. For this activity I use a picture checklist and the children can color in the animal after they "find" it.

                                             Here is the link for the picture checklist.
                                                             Brown Bear Checklist


 Brown Bear memory cards. I also downloaded these from makinglearningfun i laminated them to card stock to keep them longer, and they have held up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment