Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Friendship

August 16th is Friendship Day!

At our school we do a few cute activities on this day.

Friendship fruit salad- A few days before i send a note home to all the parents asking them to bring in 1 piece of fruit to donate to our salad. We then allow the children to wash and cut up the fruit together and make their own fruit salad! Its a really fun activity and really yummy too


Friendship quilt - i pre-cut paper squares and punch holes in the sides and allow the children to decorate as they please. Then we stamp their hand on top and the children write their name on their own square. The children thread the pieces together to make a huge quilt (sometimes they need help threading)
I did this before with felt squares and fabric paint but it was very difficult. I suppose if you have time you can sew the pieces together.

I have a friend game - This game is played while children sit in a circle ( i usually do this at circle time )
The teacher starts out with 1 bean bag and sings the song....
I have a friend
I have a friend
I have a friend named.....Jennifer
I have a friend
and then passes the bean bag to Jennifer
Then it is Jennifer's turn and so on until everyone has had a turn!
Our kids LOVE this game!!!

Flower shop- I set up a cute little area for the children to buy flowers for each other. Really cute fake flowers can be purchased at the dollar store. We put them in little buckets and use our gardening toys to take care of them. I also put out some cash registers and play money. We use our small table to put the flowers on. I made a cute little arch way out of paper towel rolls and then wrapped crepe paper around it. 



I made the buckets out of plastic containers... but i added cute labels to encourage color matching during play




You can get more creative and use a shoe rack. I saw this really cute picture on FAMILYFUNBLOG.. awesome site if you haven't seen it check it out!
Picture taken from http://www.familyfunblog.com



No comments:

Post a Comment